Christ Church, Waltham Cross LEP
- Methodist Minister with Pastoral Charge: The Reverend Barbara Evans-Routley — 01992 462881
- Anglican Team Rector: The Reverend Canon John Williams — 01992 623121
- Anglican Minister with Pastoral Charge: The Reverend Jan Wilson — 01992 479882
Banns of Marriage (Anglican)
If you are getting married at another Church and need to have your Banns of Marriage read at Christ Church, please contact: Mr Michael Fischer (Churchwarden) — 07597 109819
- 1st Sunday of the Month -- 10.00 am 'All-age Worship'. Either a Eucharist or Non-Eucharistic Service
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Sunday of the Month -- 9.15 am 'Parish Communion' using either Anglican or Methodist Rites
- 3rd Sunday of the Month -- 3.15 pm 'Afternoon Fellowship' led by a Methodist Minister or Local Preacher
- Wednesday, 10.15am — Communion Service
"Christ Church" is a Local Ecumenical Partnership in which the partners are the Anglican Parish Church of Waltham Cross (part of the Cheshunt Team Ministry formed in 2008) and the Methodist Church of Cheshunt and Waltham Cross.
The Church was built as a daughter Church to St. Mary's Cheshunt in 1833. Originally it was called "Trinity Chapel" and in 1855 it became a separate parish called "Holy Trinity Church". The church is a Grade II listed building.
In 1974 a Sharing Agreement was entered into with the Methodist Church and the building was renamed "Christ Church".
The Methodist Congregation is part of the Herts & Essex Border Ecumenical Area (HAEBEA). The Methodist Minister at Christ Church is the Superintendent Minister for HAEBEA and also has pastoral charge at Hoddesdon, Hertford, North Weald and Watton-at-Stone Methodist Churches.
The Anglican Congregation are part of the Cheshunt Deanery within the Diocese of St Albans. We are "Modern Catholic" in our Liturgy and Tradition.