During the current national Lock-down and continuing rise in corona virus infections we are not gathering in the church building but are live-streaming our Sunday Service on our Facebook page.
If you wish to arrange a Baptism, Marriage or Funeral, or would like to speak to a minister about any matter, please contact:
"Christ Church" is a Local Ecumenical Partnership in which the partners are the Anglican Parish Church of Waltham Cross (part of the Cheshunt Team Ministry formed in 2008) and the Methodist Church of Cheshunt and Waltham Cross.
The Church was built as a daughter Church to St. Mary's Cheshunt in 1833. Originally it was called "Trinity Chapel" and in 1855 it became a separate parish called "Holy Trinity Church". The church is a Grade II listed building.
In 1974 a Sharing Agreement was entered into with the Methodist Church and the building was renamed "Christ Church".
The congregation is part of the Herts & Essex Border Ecumenical Area (HAEBEA). The Methodist Minister at Christ Church also has pastoral charge at Hoddesdon, Hertford, and Watton-at-Stone Methodist Churches.
The congregation is also part of the Cheshunt Deanery within the Diocese of St Albans. We are "Modern Catholic" in our Liturgy and Tradition.