At the 1st Hoddesdon Boys' Brigade and Girls Association Company our aim is quite simple, to allow children and young people to experience "life to the full" (John 10:10).
Our weekly programme is packed with opportunities for youngsters to engage, grow and have fun.
- Fun through activities which help them learn about their local community and the wider world (recycling, climate change, sign language etc.)
- Fun with experiments that challenge their understanding (gravity, weather, astronomy etc.)
- Fun active games to encourage teamwork and fitness (table tennis, football, athletics etc.)
- Fun by creating craftwork (Chinese Lanterns, baking, origami etc.)
- Fun alongside adventure (nature walks, problem solving tasks, camping craft)
- Fun finding out about the bible (stories, artwork, drama etc.)
We meet in a safe environment with dedicated leaders who support, nurture, and inspire children, using their wealth of experience to encourage youngsters to participate and develop their abilities and skills.
At a recent meeting, one of the activities we got the children (and leaders — see photo) to attempt was the Pringle Challenge. It was fun trying to create a ring and as hard as it looks, and the children did get to eat the Pringles afterwards.
We currently have spaces for boys and girls, so if you'd like to find out more please contact us by email: email@example.com
Matthew Dixon — Acting Captain
You may also be interested in
O God, we weep for Afghanistan.We recognize the bravery of those who died to help others be free.We recognize the bravery of those who died, desperate to save themselves in these days.We recognize that bravery has not saved us, and we grieve the lives lost these twenty years. We honour their memory and sacrifice not by losing ourselves in despair, but by remembering that the only way...
We are very pleased to report that Joan Smith, a Senior Executive Officer of HAEBEA and Church Secretary at Ongar United Reformed Church, was Commissioned as an Assembly Accredited Lay Preacher of the URC at a service on Sunday 25th July at St Andrew's Methodist Church, Harlow. The Eastern Synod Lay Preaching Advocate, Mrs Faith Paulding, and Revd Cecil White...
UPDATE: Due to the delay in the fourth step of the Governments 'Roadmap' our United Service to mark the lifting of restrictions has been rescheduled for Monday 19 July at 7.30 pm.You are warmly invited to join us either 'in person' or 'via Zoom' for our United Worship.A Service Of Thanksgiving, Remembrance, And Call to FaithFor the Year that we have been...
Leaside Church, Ware