We are excited to report that a group of 25 young people and 7 adult volunteers will be attending 3Generate 2019 which will take place 22-24 November 2019 at Pontins, Southport.
We are particularly grateful to the Beds, Essex and Herts Methodist District who pay the £120 registration fee for each young person, and to the national Methodist Church who cover the costs for the adults volunteers.
What is 3Generate?
- 3Generate is an action-packed and inspiring weekend for hearing the voice of children and young people across the Methodist Church, focussing on fun, faith and friends.
- 3Generate is more than just another event — it's a model of participation, a process and an inter-generational way of working that is unique to Methodism.
- 3Generate exists to provide an opportunity for the Church to hear from and be informed by young people. Aimed at anyone between 8 and 23.
- 3Generate is planned and shaped by children and young people for children and young people — alongside a team of adult facilitators from the Connexion, who specialise in working with children and young people.
- 3Generate is a speak-out event for children and young people. It is the Children and Youth Assembly of the Methodist Church (Standing Order 250).
- 3Generate provides a unique opportunity for dialogue and engagement with children and young people. Outcomes from the weekend are fed back to Methodist Conference and help to inform the work and direction of the Connexional Team and local congregations.
As well as providing opportunities for lots of indoor and outdoor activities, children and young people will be able to make friends and engage with issues that really matter to them — both in the Church and in their wider world. 3Generate offers time and space to worship, debate and have fun together.
Everyone can get involved — children, young people, young adults and youth workers participate in the creation and delivery of the event through local 'Shaper Groups' and resources are available to support work with children and young people in the local context all year round. Through 3Generate we aim to encourage children and young people to play a more active part in their local churches, circuits and districts.
You may also be interested in
North Weald Methodist ChurchInvites all those of an 'older generation' but who are 'still young at heart' to aHoliday at Home Harvest EventTuesday 24th September 201910am till 3pmCome and join us for all or part of the day.Enjoy a varied programme of activities.A light lunch is also included.There is no charge for this event — however donations are...
World Mental Health Day, observed on 10 October, is an opportunity to raise awareness of mental health issues and to mobilize efforts in support of mental health. This year, the theme is suicide prevention. Suicide: One person dies every 40 seconds...Close to 800 000 people die by suicide every year. Furthermore, for each suicide, there are more than 20 suicide attempts.Suicide occurs...
In the wake of Hurricane Dorian, All We Can and the Methodist Church in Britain have launched a joint appeal for those affected in The Bahamas. Our partner in the region is responding with food, clean water and medicines, thanks to an emergency cash grant. However, they have issued an appeal for more support as the full extent of the devastation is uncovered. https://meth...
St Andrew's, Harlow
Priory School, Hitchin, SG5 2UR
Holy Trinity School Hall, Longlands Close, Cheshunt, EN8 8LW
Christ Church, Waltham Cross