We are excited to report that a group of 25 young people and 7 adult volunteers will be attending 3Generate 2019 which will take place 22-24 November 2019 at Pontins, Southport.
We are particularly grateful to the Beds, Essex and Herts Methodist District who pay the £120 registration fee for each young person, and to the national Methodist Church who cover the costs for the adults volunteers.
What is 3Generate?
- 3Generate is an action-packed and inspiring weekend for hearing the voice of children and young people across the Methodist Church, focussing on fun, faith and friends.
- 3Generate is more than just another event — it's a model of participation, a process and an inter-generational way of working that is unique to Methodism.
- 3Generate exists to provide an opportunity for the Church to hear from and be informed by young people. Aimed at anyone between 8 and 23.
- 3Generate is planned and shaped by children and young people for children and young people — alongside a team of adult facilitators from the Connexion, who specialise in working with children and young people.
- 3Generate is a speak-out event for children and young people. It is the Children and Youth Assembly of the Methodist Church (Standing Order 250).
- 3Generate provides a unique opportunity for dialogue and engagement with children and young people. Outcomes from the weekend are fed back to Methodist Conference and help to inform the work and direction of the Connexional Team and local congregations.
As well as providing opportunities for lots of indoor and outdoor activities, children and young people will be able to make friends and engage with issues that really matter to them — both in the Church and in their wider world. 3Generate offers time and space to worship, debate and have fun together.
Everyone can get involved — children, young people, young adults and youth workers participate in the creation and delivery of the event through local 'Shaper Groups' and resources are available to support work with children and young people in the local context all year round. Through 3Generate we aim to encourage children and young people to play a more active part in their local churches, circuits and districts.
You may also be interested in
Christ Church in Waltham Cross will be open today (Friday 9 September) between10am and 3pm for those who wish to spend time in quiet reflection and prayer or to light a candle in thanksgiving for the life of the late Queen Elizabeth II. We also have a Book of Condolence.All are...
Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth IIThe President and Vice-President of the Methodist Conference have made the following statement in response to the announcement of the death of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II. "It was with profound sadness that we learned of the death of Her Majesty the Queen today. We join the nation in grief and thank God for her long and distinguished reign. The...
The United Reformed Church shares in the grief of the nation's following the death of Her Majesty the Queen, Elizabeth II.Following the death of her father King George, Her Majesty succeeded the throne on 6 February 1952, but was officially crowned in 1953. Queen Elizabeth was the world's longest-reigning living monarch and was a much-loved and popular royal figure.Many United...
Hertford Methodist Methodist, Ware Road, Hertford, SG13 7DZ
Hertford Methodist Church, Ware Rd, Hertford
St Andrew's Methodist Church, The Stow, Harlow, CM20 3AF
Leaside Church, High Street, Ware, SG12 9BT