We are excited to report that a group of 25 young people and 7 adult volunteers will be attending 3Generate 2019 which will take place 22-24 November 2019 at Pontins, Southport.
We are particularly grateful to the Beds, Essex and Herts Methodist District who pay the £120 registration fee for each young person, and to the national Methodist Church who cover the costs for the adults volunteers.
What is 3Generate?
- 3Generate is an action-packed and inspiring weekend for hearing the voice of children and young people across the Methodist Church, focussing on fun, faith and friends.
- 3Generate is more than just another event — it's a model of participation, a process and an inter-generational way of working that is unique to Methodism.
- 3Generate exists to provide an opportunity for the Church to hear from and be informed by young people. Aimed at anyone between 8 and 23.
- 3Generate is planned and shaped by children and young people for children and young people — alongside a team of adult facilitators from the Connexion, who specialise in working with children and young people.
- 3Generate is a speak-out event for children and young people. It is the Children and Youth Assembly of the Methodist Church (Standing Order 250).
- 3Generate provides a unique opportunity for dialogue and engagement with children and young people. Outcomes from the weekend are fed back to Methodist Conference and help to inform the work and direction of the Connexional Team and local congregations.
As well as providing opportunities for lots of indoor and outdoor activities, children and young people will be able to make friends and engage with issues that really matter to them — both in the Church and in their wider world. 3Generate offers time and space to worship, debate and have fun together.
Everyone can get involved — children, young people, young adults and youth workers participate in the creation and delivery of the event through local 'Shaper Groups' and resources are available to support work with children and young people in the local context all year round. Through 3Generate we aim to encourage children and young people to play a more active part in their local churches, circuits and districts.
You may also be interested in
What a Wonderful Weekend! Leaside Church and Community Centre's Tombola Stall at the Ware Carnival on Saturday 6 July, was a great success. The photo shows the tombola team getting ready for business!The Church was also busy with lots of people dropping in for refreshments and bric-a-brac.The Strawberry Tea on Sunday afternoon was as popular as ever, and tasted even better sitting...
On Sunday 30 June we had a joint HAEBEA service at Hatfield Heath URC. It was a hot, sunny day when some of the congregations of five churches met together. Our worship was led by Susan Swindale and was based on the book of Colossians, with special emphasis on unity in Christ. There was a very interesting video talk giving a potted overview of this letter written to an early Christian group...
There is a one day First Aid Training Course being held on Saturday 3rd August, between 9.30am and 4.30pm at Christ Church, Waltham Cross.The course is fully accredited and on successful completion of the course a Certificate will be issued which is valid for 3 years.There are only 12 place available on the course, so if you are interested in attending email:...
St Andrew's, The Stow, Harlow CM20 3AF
St Andrew's, Harlow
St Andrew's, Harlow