Creating Safer Space Foundation Module Training
HAEBEA has adopted the 'Creating Safer Space' safeguarding training program developed by the Methodist Church for all adults, both volunteer and paid, working in different roles in Methodist and URC Churches.
The Creating Safer Space Foundation Module safeguarding training will help you to:
- know that safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and integral to being church
- have a better understanding of good safeguarding practice
- know when to have concerns about the safety and welfare of a child or adult
- appreciate your responsibility for sharing concerns about a child or adult
- be aware of who in the Church to go to with any concerns
- recognise potential blocks within the Church to responding well
- be aware of the impact of the Past Cases Reviews (PCR) findings on good practice
Who needs to attend?
All are welcome, but the following groups must attend the training; ministers, church safeguarding officers, pastoral visitors, stewards and elders, local preachers, worship leaders, and anyone working with 0 — 18 year olds or vulnerable adults in the name of the church.
Training dates and venues (30 places at each venue)
- Monday 16th April: 10.00 am — 1.00 pm North Weald Methodist Church
- Saturday 28th April: 10.00 am — 1.00 pm Epping United Reformed Church
- Sunday 13th May: 10.00 am — 1.30 pm Hoddesdon Methodist Church
- Monday 21st May: 7.00 pm — 9.30 pm Hertford Methodist Church
- Saturday 26th May: 10.00 am — 1.00 pm St Andrew's, Harlow
- Saturday 9th June: 10.00 am — 1.00 pm Roydon United Church
To book your place — Don't delay, do it today!
Email your name, telephone number and venue of choice to: firstname.lastname@example.org