Caring for Creation
Congratulations to all at Epping United Reformed Church who have completed the first stage of Eco-church and have been awarded a Bronze Award.
The official certificate has been received and will in due course a wooden plaque (made out of recycled pews) will take pride of place in the Church Foyer.
The church community had already doing some of the things required such as fair-trade, recycling and not using disposables. Some of the extra things that led to the Bronze Award included:
- Eco services and eco focused junior church and toddler group
- Making the garden more environmentally friendly with feeding stations, bug hotels, bee and bird baths
- Providing recycling stations for ink cartridges, stamps, mobile phones
- Using recycled paper and environmentally friendly cleaning products
- Promoting being environmentally friendly in newsletters and on the church premises
- Minimising resource use
- Calculating the carbon footprint of the church
We had been planning other initiatives such as having an eco-holiday club and having the junior church build a bug hotel and hopefully these will happen in the future.
You may also be interested in
October Editions are out...You can access the latest editions of the Church Magazines from Hertford Methodist Church, St Andrew's Methodist Church, and the Epping, North Weald and Ongar Churches by clicking on the PDF...
Saturday 20 November10.00 am — 2.00 pmYou are warmly invited to join us at Hoddesdon Methodist Church for our Christmas Market.There will be loads of interesting stall, refreshments to enjoy, and crafts for children.Entrance is only 20p and funds raised will help support the church's activities and outreach to the local community.Stalls include: Jigsaws, Beauty & Bath...
Livingstone Hall, Ongar United Reformed Church
Roydon United Reformed Church
Epping Methodist Church