You are invited to the first
Inaugural Walter Hall Lecture
The Rt Hon Lord David Willetts
Date: Wednesday 23 October 2019
Time: 6pm — 9pm
Location: Methodist Central Hall, Aylesbury Room, London SW1H 9NH
About the Walter Hall Lecture
- The Walter Hall Inaugural Lecture is named after the founder of MHA Methodist Homes, The Rev'd Walter Hall, whose passion and determination led to the creation of the charity to support older people.
- Today, MHA Methodist Homes cares for and supports over 18,000 older people in its 90 care homes, 70 retirement living complexes and 57 community-based Live a Home schemes, all helping older people live later life well.
- The Rt Hon. Lord David Willetts, former Government Minister and current Executive Chair of The Resolution Foundation, will deliver the lecture. Lord Willetts chairs the Intergeneration Commission which explores questions around intergenerational fairness. He will explore questions around intergenerational fairness. He will address how the cost of caring for our ageing population increases. Whilst also touching on solutions to how we fund this and how this is causing the social contract between our nation's young people and older people to fray.
- The lecture is designed to focus attention on the complex and pressing needs facing older people today and will this year focus on intergenerational responsibility, especially in the area of funding and support in later life.
- Drinks and canapes will be served at 6pm, the lecture will begin at 6.30pm.
You may also be interested in
Saturday 16th November 2019 was truly a memorable occasion when a Full Church attended the Service held to celebrate the completion of the work of up-grading our downstairs Church Hall, and the building of a new kitchen/entrance/toilet and office — now known as "The Livingstone Hall" where a portrait of this world famous Christian missionary/explorer, and short-time resident in one...
A big thank you to everybody who helped make this year's Christmas Tree Festival at Leaside such a success!To the Mayor of Ware for opening the Festival and judging the trees; all the entrants for producing such a spectacular and innovative display and all those who came from near and far to look round. Thanks to all for your support. The photo shows the winning tree — congratulations...
Monday Evenings @ St Andrew's"What a friend we have in Jesus!"St Andrew's Youth meet for fun, food and fellowship on Monday evenings at St Andrew's Methodist Church in Harlow.The photo gallery shows just a few of the things we get up to and enjoy doing together — eating pizza, dancing, playing sports and games, making music and singing.....The first group for...
Hatfield Heath United Reformed Church
Watton-at-Stone Methodist Church
Church Langley Church
North Weald Methodist Church