You are invited to the first
Inaugural Walter Hall Lecture
The Rt Hon Lord David Willetts
Date: Wednesday 23 October 2019
Time: 6pm — 9pm
Location: Methodist Central Hall, Aylesbury Room, London SW1H 9NH
About the Walter Hall Lecture
- The Walter Hall Inaugural Lecture is named after the founder of MHA Methodist Homes, The Rev'd Walter Hall, whose passion and determination led to the creation of the charity to support older people.
- Today, MHA Methodist Homes cares for and supports over 18,000 older people in its 90 care homes, 70 retirement living complexes and 57 community-based Live a Home schemes, all helping older people live later life well.
- The Rt Hon. Lord David Willetts, former Government Minister and current Executive Chair of The Resolution Foundation, will deliver the lecture. Lord Willetts chairs the Intergeneration Commission which explores questions around intergenerational fairness. He will explore questions around intergenerational fairness. He will address how the cost of caring for our ageing population increases. Whilst also touching on solutions to how we fund this and how this is causing the social contract between our nation's young people and older people to fray.
- The lecture is designed to focus attention on the complex and pressing needs facing older people today and will this year focus on intergenerational responsibility, especially in the area of funding and support in later life.
- Drinks and canapes will be served at 6pm, the lecture will begin at 6.30pm.
You may also be interested in
We are delighted to report that Epping United Reformed Church is now registered with Eco-Church and are now working to care for God's earth and to achieve a bronze award. Eco-church involves five areas of church life:Worship and TeachingBuildingsLandCommunity and Global EngagementLifestyleThe quest to be an eco church was launched with an Eco-Service led by Lindsey Brown -...
Hello, my name is Hannah Meyer, I'm from the south of Germany and am 19 years old. After finishing school in July 2019, I started my year as a volunteer worker from "Time for God" at St Andrews Methodist Church in Harlow at the beginning of September 2019. You can find me in many different activities from the church, e.g. in Bible Studys or at the coffee mornings, but mainly...
Third Saturday of the Month11.00 am — 11.30 am'Pop-in Prayer' in the Chapel19 October16 November21 DecemberAll are welcome — come for as long as you likeShare in the silence — Share in the prayerSt Andrew's Methodist ChurchThe Stow, Harlow, CM20...
Christ Church, Waltham Cross
Leaside Church & Community Centre
Hoddesdon Methodist Church
St Andrew's, Harlow