You are invited to the first
Inaugural Walter Hall Lecture
The Rt Hon Lord David Willetts
Date: Wednesday 23 October 2019
Time: 6pm — 9pm
Location: Methodist Central Hall, Aylesbury Room, London SW1H 9NH
About the Walter Hall Lecture
- The Walter Hall Inaugural Lecture is named after the founder of MHA Methodist Homes, The Rev'd Walter Hall, whose passion and determination led to the creation of the charity to support older people.
- Today, MHA Methodist Homes cares for and supports over 18,000 older people in its 90 care homes, 70 retirement living complexes and 57 community-based Live a Home schemes, all helping older people live later life well.
- The Rt Hon. Lord David Willetts, former Government Minister and current Executive Chair of The Resolution Foundation, will deliver the lecture. Lord Willetts chairs the Intergeneration Commission which explores questions around intergenerational fairness. He will explore questions around intergenerational fairness. He will address how the cost of caring for our ageing population increases. Whilst also touching on solutions to how we fund this and how this is causing the social contract between our nation's young people and older people to fray.
- The lecture is designed to focus attention on the complex and pressing needs facing older people today and will this year focus on intergenerational responsibility, especially in the area of funding and support in later life.
- Drinks and canapes will be served at 6pm, the lecture will begin at 6.30pm.
You may also be interested in
Loving God,at this time of crisiswhen so many are suffering,we pray for our nation and our world.Give our leaders wisdom,our Health Service strength,our people hope.Lead us through these parched and difficult daysto the fresh springs of joy and comfort that we find in JesusChrist our Lord.Amen.Loving Father GodBe with us in our distress:with our families, friends and...
Due to the current National Lockdown and the continued rise in Covid-19 infections we are not meeting for physical worship in our church buildings. Services will be online for the foreseeable future.St Andrew's Methodist Church, Trinity URC, Hatfield Heath URC10.30 am — Morning Worship via ZoomIf you would like to join us online via ZOOM, please contact the Zoom Controller via...
The Feast of the Epiphany which recalls the visit of the Magi to the infant Christ is celebrated by Christians around the world on 6 January.We offer the attached 'Epiphany Prayer Time' as a focus of personal prayer, hoping it will be a time of enrichment and encouragement in challenging times.May God's peace and blessing be upon you today and each day to...