You are invited to the first
Inaugural Walter Hall Lecture
The Rt Hon Lord David Willetts
Date: Wednesday 23 October 2019
Time: 6pm — 9pm
Location: Methodist Central Hall, Aylesbury Room, London SW1H 9NH
About the Walter Hall Lecture
- The Walter Hall Inaugural Lecture is named after the founder of MHA Methodist Homes, The Rev'd Walter Hall, whose passion and determination led to the creation of the charity to support older people.
- Today, MHA Methodist Homes cares for and supports over 18,000 older people in its 90 care homes, 70 retirement living complexes and 57 community-based Live a Home schemes, all helping older people live later life well.
- The Rt Hon. Lord David Willetts, former Government Minister and current Executive Chair of The Resolution Foundation, will deliver the lecture. Lord Willetts chairs the Intergeneration Commission which explores questions around intergenerational fairness. He will explore questions around intergenerational fairness. He will address how the cost of caring for our ageing population increases. Whilst also touching on solutions to how we fund this and how this is causing the social contract between our nation's young people and older people to fray.
- The lecture is designed to focus attention on the complex and pressing needs facing older people today and will this year focus on intergenerational responsibility, especially in the area of funding and support in later life.
- Drinks and canapes will be served at 6pm, the lecture will begin at 6.30pm.
You may also be interested in
Christ Church, Waltham CrossFollowing on from our news from Hoddesdon Methodist Church about their rainbow drawings, the good folk at Christ Church have joined the rainbow craze and are putting rainbows in their windows.Gilly, a member at Christ Church said "I saw a young Dad out with his under 5's and they were happy going around finding them so I stuck this rainbow in my window...
Christ Church, Waltham CrossWe are usually treated to a wonderful Easter Garden built under the Altar, but as we can't get into Church this year, we decided to create our own gardens at home instead....So the good folk at Christ Church, Waltham Cross have been very busy creating Easter Gardens with whatever they have to hand in their homes and gardens — no popping out to the Garden...
Maundy ThursdayWe've come to the last supper... more specifically the washing of the disciples feet by Jesus.Read today Gospel — John 13.1-17, 31-35 and then work your way slowly through the mediation listening to God's message for...