You are invited to the first
Inaugural Walter Hall Lecture
The Rt Hon Lord David Willetts
Date: Wednesday 23 October 2019
Time: 6pm — 9pm
Location: Methodist Central Hall, Aylesbury Room, London SW1H 9NH
About the Walter Hall Lecture
- The Walter Hall Inaugural Lecture is named after the founder of MHA Methodist Homes, The Rev'd Walter Hall, whose passion and determination led to the creation of the charity to support older people.
- Today, MHA Methodist Homes cares for and supports over 18,000 older people in its 90 care homes, 70 retirement living complexes and 57 community-based Live a Home schemes, all helping older people live later life well.
- The Rt Hon. Lord David Willetts, former Government Minister and current Executive Chair of The Resolution Foundation, will deliver the lecture. Lord Willetts chairs the Intergeneration Commission which explores questions around intergenerational fairness. He will explore questions around intergenerational fairness. He will address how the cost of caring for our ageing population increases. Whilst also touching on solutions to how we fund this and how this is causing the social contract between our nation's young people and older people to fray.
- The lecture is designed to focus attention on the complex and pressing needs facing older people today and will this year focus on intergenerational responsibility, especially in the area of funding and support in later life.
- Drinks and canapes will be served at 6pm, the lecture will begin at 6.30pm.
You may also be interested in
My dear New Church family,My name is Ernie Bosse. I am 68 years old.I was born in South Africa, and during my earlier years living in Pietermaritzburg in the KwaZulu/Natal province before moving to East London in the Eastern Cape.I am married to Robyn, and we will shortly celebrate our 49th wedding anniversary in June. We have three adult children, two daughters and a son. Between them, we...
We send our profound condolences to Her Majesty the Queen and the members of the Royal Family following the death of Prince Philip today. May he rest in peace and rise in glory.A Statement from the Methodist Churchhttps://urc.org.uk/latest-news/378...
Worshipping Through NatureEaster offers us hope, whatever our situation and our fears. Sometimes the journey to get there is enormously hard, we have to pass through the cross before resurrection; winter before spring. But Easter hope is always present to us in God, even in the midst of troubles.These prayers invite us to notice and appreciate the life bursting forward in God's...