News Headline: June 2018
We are delighted to report that the latest phase of the Redevelopment Project at Leaside Church and Community Centre has been completed at a cost of £ 787,000
The project which has taken just under a year to complete has seen refurbishment of the Church and Hall with wheelchair friendly access to all areas.
The improvements include
- A smaller meeting room in the Hall that can be divided into two spaces if necessary and accessible whilst the kindergarten are in session.
- The creation of a new link building between the Church and the Hall which serves as the new entrance to the complex.
- A ramp has been built to enable access to the Church for those with impaired mobility.
- A new meeting area in the church building with a tea and coffee point and access to new toilets via the linking building.
- Space in the church building for exhibitions, concerts and large meetings with a capacity of up to 100 people, more if the gallery is used.
The architect for the project was Clifford Patten DipARCH, RIBA
The builders were Bolt & Heeks Ltd
To mark the 'new beginning' that these enhancements bring, a weekend of Celebration is being held on 21 & 22 July
Saturday 21st July 10.00 am — 5.00 pm
- Come and look round
- Displays by Community Groups
- 3.00 pm — Official Opening
- Refreshments served all day
Sunday 22nd July 3.00 pm
- Service of Thanksgiving and Dedication followed by tea and cakes
All are welcome!
You may also be interested in
On Friday 22nd of November 2019, 23 Children and 9 adults left Harlow for the 3Generate Children and Youth Assembly held at Pontins in Southport. Our journey was long but made enjoyable by Hannah entertaining us with games and songs along the way. We arrived around midnight and got settled into our rooms as quickly as possible — the children had to make up their own beds!On Saturday morning we...
We are delighted to report the launch of the Wednesday Coffee Morning at Hoddesdon Methodist Church, which is proving popular with church members and the local community.Tea, coffee and cakes are served in the Welcome Area at the entrance to the Church between 10.30am and Midday.Please do pop-in for a coffee and chat...All are...
Our next Table Top Sales will be on Saturday 29 February 202010.00 am — Noon Free Entrance! Refreshments (including toast & Marmalade)Second Hand Books Bric-a-bracUsed StampsHome Made CakesTo enquire about booking a table please call: 01992 462047 or email: firstname.lastname@example.orgHoddesdon Methodist Church, Middlefield Road, EN11...
Hoddesdon Methodist Church
Leaside Church & Community Centre, Ware
St Andrew's Methodist Church