News Headline: June 2018
We are delighted to report that the latest phase of the Redevelopment Project at Leaside Church and Community Centre has been completed at a cost of £ 787,000
The project which has taken just under a year to complete has seen refurbishment of the Church and Hall with wheelchair friendly access to all areas.
The improvements include
- A smaller meeting room in the Hall that can be divided into two spaces if necessary and accessible whilst the kindergarten are in session.
- The creation of a new link building between the Church and the Hall which serves as the new entrance to the complex.
- A ramp has been built to enable access to the Church for those with impaired mobility.
- A new meeting area in the church building with a tea and coffee point and access to new toilets via the linking building.
- Space in the church building for exhibitions, concerts and large meetings with a capacity of up to 100 people, more if the gallery is used.
The architect for the project was Clifford Patten DipARCH, RIBA
The builders were Bolt & Heeks Ltd
To mark the 'new beginning' that these enhancements bring, a weekend of Celebration is being held on 21 & 22 July
Saturday 21st July 10.00 am — 5.00 pm
- Come and look round
- Displays by Community Groups
- 3.00 pm — Official Opening
- Refreshments served all day
Sunday 22nd July 3.00 pm
- Service of Thanksgiving and Dedication followed by tea and cakes
All are welcome!
You may also be interested in
We are delighted to report that Epping United Reformed Church is now registered with Eco-Church and are now working to care for God's earth and to achieve a bronze award. Eco-church involves five areas of church life:Worship and TeachingBuildingsLandCommunity and Global EngagementLifestyleThe quest to be an eco church was launched with an Eco-Service led by Lindsey Brown -...
Hello, my name is Hannah Meyer, I'm from the south of Germany and am 19 years old. After finishing school in July 2019, I started my year as a volunteer worker from "Time for God" at St Andrews Methodist Church in Harlow at the beginning of September 2019. You can find me in many different activities from the church, e.g. in Bible Studys or at the coffee mornings, but mainly...
Third Saturday of the Month11.00 am — 11.30 am'Pop-in Prayer' in the Chapel19 October16 November21 DecemberAll are welcome — come for as long as you likeShare in the silence — Share in the prayerSt Andrew's Methodist ChurchThe Stow, Harlow, CM20...
Christ Church, Waltham Cross
Leaside Church & Community Centre
Hoddesdon Methodist Church
St Andrew's, Harlow