News Headline: June 2018
We are delighted to report that the latest phase of the Redevelopment Project at Leaside Church and Community Centre has been completed at a cost of £ 787,000
The project which has taken just under a year to complete has seen refurbishment of the Church and Hall with wheelchair friendly access to all areas.
The improvements include
- A smaller meeting room in the Hall that can be divided into two spaces if necessary and accessible whilst the kindergarten are in session.
- The creation of a new link building between the Church and the Hall which serves as the new entrance to the complex.
- A ramp has been built to enable access to the Church for those with impaired mobility.
- A new meeting area in the church building with a tea and coffee point and access to new toilets via the linking building.
- Space in the church building for exhibitions, concerts and large meetings with a capacity of up to 100 people, more if the gallery is used.
The architect for the project was Clifford Patten DipARCH, RIBA
The builders were Bolt & Heeks Ltd
To mark the 'new beginning' that these enhancements bring, a weekend of Celebration is being held on 21 & 22 July
Saturday 21st July 10.00 am — 5.00 pm
- Come and look round
- Displays by Community Groups
- 3.00 pm — Official Opening
- Refreshments served all day
Sunday 22nd July 3.00 pm
- Service of Thanksgiving and Dedication followed by tea and cakes
All are welcome!
You may also be interested in
Loving God,at this time of crisiswhen so many are suffering,we pray for our nation and our world.Give our leaders wisdom,our Health Service strength,our people hope.Lead us through these parched and difficult daysto the fresh springs of joy and comfort that we find in JesusChrist our Lord.Amen.Loving Father GodBe with us in our distress:with our families, friends and...
Due to the current National Lockdown and the continued rise in Covid-19 infections we are not meeting for physical worship in our church buildings. Services will be online for the foreseeable future.St Andrew's Methodist Church, Trinity URC, Hatfield Heath URC10.30 am — Morning Worship via ZoomIf you would like to join us online via ZOOM, please contact the Zoom Controller via...
The Feast of the Epiphany which recalls the visit of the Magi to the infant Christ is celebrated by Christians around the world on 6 January.We offer the attached 'Epiphany Prayer Time' as a focus of personal prayer, hoping it will be a time of enrichment and encouragement in challenging times.May God's peace and blessing be upon you today and each day to...