News Headline: June 2018
We are delighted to report that the latest phase of the Redevelopment Project at Leaside Church and Community Centre has been completed at a cost of £ 787,000
The project which has taken just under a year to complete has seen refurbishment of the Church and Hall with wheelchair friendly access to all areas.
The improvements include
- A smaller meeting room in the Hall that can be divided into two spaces if necessary and accessible whilst the kindergarten are in session.
- The creation of a new link building between the Church and the Hall which serves as the new entrance to the complex.
- A ramp has been built to enable access to the Church for those with impaired mobility.
- A new meeting area in the church building with a tea and coffee point and access to new toilets via the linking building.
- Space in the church building for exhibitions, concerts and large meetings with a capacity of up to 100 people, more if the gallery is used.
The architect for the project was Clifford Patten DipARCH, RIBA
The builders were Bolt & Heeks Ltd
To mark the 'new beginning' that these enhancements bring, a weekend of Celebration is being held on 21 & 22 July
Saturday 21st July 10.00 am — 5.00 pm
- Come and look round
- Displays by Community Groups
- 3.00 pm — Official Opening
- Refreshments served all day
Sunday 22nd July 3.00 pm
- Service of Thanksgiving and Dedication followed by tea and cakes
All are welcome!
You may also be interested in
All are warmly invited to North Weald Methodist Church on Saturday 22 June 2019, between 2 — 4 pm, for a farewell chat over tea and cake with Brian and Margaret...
'Hoddesdon's Garden Party, as part of the 90th Anniversary Celebrations, was a real success last weekend. Members of the congregation were joined by friends from across HAEBEA, from other local churches, and from groups that regularly use the premises. A good time was had by...
Newsflash!Thank you to everyone who baked, ate, drank, played, and donated, for our Alzheimer's Society 'Cupcake' Fundraising Coffee Morning on 1st June. We have raised a massive £202+Gift Aid for the Alzheimer's Society. Cupcake FundraisingIn the average time it takes to bake a batch of cakes, six people in the UK will develop dementia. It is now the leading cause...
North Weald Methodist Church
St Andrew's, The Stow, Harlow CM20 3AF
St Andrew's, Harlow