News Headline: June 2018
We are delighted to report that the latest phase of the Redevelopment Project at Leaside Church and Community Centre has been completed at a cost of £ 787,000
The project which has taken just under a year to complete has seen refurbishment of the Church and Hall with wheelchair friendly access to all areas.
The improvements include
- A smaller meeting room in the Hall that can be divided into two spaces if necessary and accessible whilst the kindergarten are in session.
- The creation of a new link building between the Church and the Hall which serves as the new entrance to the complex.
- A ramp has been built to enable access to the Church for those with impaired mobility.
- A new meeting area in the church building with a tea and coffee point and access to new toilets via the linking building.
- Space in the church building for exhibitions, concerts and large meetings with a capacity of up to 100 people, more if the gallery is used.
The architect for the project was Clifford Patten DipARCH, RIBA
The builders were Bolt & Heeks Ltd
To mark the 'new beginning' that these enhancements bring, a weekend of Celebration is being held on 21 & 22 July
Saturday 21st July 10.00 am — 5.00 pm
- Come and look round
- Displays by Community Groups
- 3.00 pm — Official Opening
- Refreshments served all day
Sunday 22nd July 3.00 pm
- Service of Thanksgiving and Dedication followed by tea and cakes
All are welcome!
You may also be interested in
Christ Church, Waltham CrossFollowing on from our news from Hoddesdon Methodist Church about their rainbow drawings, the good folk at Christ Church have joined the rainbow craze and are putting rainbows in their windows.Gilly, a member at Christ Church said "I saw a young Dad out with his under 5's and they were happy going around finding them so I stuck this rainbow in my window...
Christ Church, Waltham CrossWe are usually treated to a wonderful Easter Garden built under the Altar, but as we can't get into Church this year, we decided to create our own gardens at home instead....So the good folk at Christ Church, Waltham Cross have been very busy creating Easter Gardens with whatever they have to hand in their homes and gardens — no popping out to the Garden...
Maundy ThursdayWe've come to the last supper... more specifically the washing of the disciples feet by Jesus.Read today Gospel — John 13.1-17, 31-35 and then work your way slowly through the mediation listening to God's message for...