News Headline: June 2018
We are delighted to report that the latest phase of the Redevelopment Project at Leaside Church and Community Centre has been completed at a cost of £ 787,000
The project which has taken just under a year to complete has seen refurbishment of the Church and Hall with wheelchair friendly access to all areas.
The improvements include
- A smaller meeting room in the Hall that can be divided into two spaces if necessary and accessible whilst the kindergarten are in session.
- The creation of a new link building between the Church and the Hall which serves as the new entrance to the complex.
- A ramp has been built to enable access to the Church for those with impaired mobility.
- A new meeting area in the church building with a tea and coffee point and access to new toilets via the linking building.
- Space in the church building for exhibitions, concerts and large meetings with a capacity of up to 100 people, more if the gallery is used.
The architect for the project was Clifford Patten DipARCH, RIBA
The builders were Bolt & Heeks Ltd
To mark the 'new beginning' that these enhancements bring, a weekend of Celebration is being held on 21 & 22 July
Saturday 21st July 10.00 am — 5.00 pm
- Come and look round
- Displays by Community Groups
- 3.00 pm — Official Opening
- Refreshments served all day
Sunday 22nd July 3.00 pm
- Service of Thanksgiving and Dedication followed by tea and cakes
All are welcome!
You may also be interested in
O God, we weep for Afghanistan.We recognize the bravery of those who died to help others be free.We recognize the bravery of those who died, desperate to save themselves in these days.We recognize that bravery has not saved us, and we grieve the lives lost these twenty years. We honour their memory and sacrifice not by losing ourselves in despair, but by remembering that the only way...
We are very pleased to report that Joan Smith, a Senior Executive Officer of HAEBEA and Church Secretary at Ongar United Reformed Church, was Commissioned as an Assembly Accredited Lay Preacher of the URC at a service on Sunday 25th July at St Andrew's Methodist Church, Harlow. The Eastern Synod Lay Preaching Advocate, Mrs Faith Paulding, and Revd Cecil White...
UPDATE: Due to the delay in the fourth step of the Governments 'Roadmap' our United Service to mark the lifting of restrictions has been rescheduled for Monday 19 July at 7.30 pm.You are warmly invited to join us either 'in person' or 'via Zoom' for our United Worship.A Service Of Thanksgiving, Remembrance, And Call to FaithFor the Year that we have been...
Leaside Church, Ware