We are delighted to report that the latest phase of the Redevelopment Project at Leaside Church and Community Centre has been completed at a cost of £ 787,000
The project which has taken just under a year to complete has seen refurbishment of the Church and Hall with wheelchair friendly access to all areas.
The improvements include
- A smaller meeting room in the Hall that can be divided into two spaces if necessary and accessible whilst the kindergarten are in session.
- The creation of a new link building between the Church and the Hall which serves as the new entrance to the complex.
- A ramp has been built to enable access to the Church for those with impaired mobility.
- A new meeting area in the church building with a tea and coffee point and access to new toilets via the linking building.
- Space in the church building for exhibitions, concerts and large meetings with a capacity of up to 100 people, more if the gallery is used.
The architect for the project was Clifford Patten DipARCH, RIBA
The builders were Bolt & Heeks Ltd
To mark the 'new beginning' that these enhancements bring, a weekend of Celebration is being held on 21 & 22 July
Saturday 21st July 10.00 am — 5.00 pm
- Come and look round
- Displays by Community Groups
- 3.00 pm — Official Opening
- Refreshments served all day
Sunday 22nd July 3.00 pm
- Service of Thanksgiving and Dedication followed by tea and cakes
All are welcome!
You may also be interested in
Revd Cecil White offers some 'Holy Habits for Lent' (with thanks to Pope Francis for inspiration). The habits are printed on card for each of his congregations. If you would like electronic copies, then please contact Cecil on:...
The churches of North Weald, Chipping Ongar and Epping (High Street and Lindsey Street), are benefitting from Andrew Roberts' book 'Holy Habits' (published by Malcolm Down Publishing). The book challenges Christians to adopt a lifestyle of faith based upon the habits of early Christians in the Acts of the Apostles.By way of an introduction to discipleship last autumn, Revd Cecil...
Date and Time: Saturday 23 March: 10am — 3pmVenue: Watton-at-Stone Methodist Church, High Street, Watton-at-Stone, SG14 3SYWe are delighted to announce that we are running a training day for Local Preachers, Worship Leaders and anyone else who would like to attend.Entitled "WOW! — Wonder of Worship" there will be two workshops focusing on two 'fresh expressions' that...
St Andrew's, Harlow
Watton-at-Stone Methodist Church
St Andrew's, Harlow