News Headline: June 2018
We are delighted to report that the latest phase of the Redevelopment Project at Leaside Church and Community Centre has been completed at a cost of £ 787,000
The project which has taken just under a year to complete has seen refurbishment of the Church and Hall with wheelchair friendly access to all areas.
The improvements include
- A smaller meeting room in the Hall that can be divided into two spaces if necessary and accessible whilst the kindergarten are in session.
- The creation of a new link building between the Church and the Hall which serves as the new entrance to the complex.
- A ramp has been built to enable access to the Church for those with impaired mobility.
- A new meeting area in the church building with a tea and coffee point and access to new toilets via the linking building.
- Space in the church building for exhibitions, concerts and large meetings with a capacity of up to 100 people, more if the gallery is used.
The architect for the project was Clifford Patten DipARCH, RIBA
The builders were Bolt & Heeks Ltd
To mark the 'new beginning' that these enhancements bring, a weekend of Celebration is being held on 21 & 22 July
Saturday 21st July 10.00 am — 5.00 pm
- Come and look round
- Displays by Community Groups
- 3.00 pm — Official Opening
- Refreshments served all day
Sunday 22nd July 3.00 pm
- Service of Thanksgiving and Dedication followed by tea and cakes
All are welcome!
You may also be interested in
Saturday 16th November 2019 was truly a memorable occasion when a Full Church attended the Service held to celebrate the completion of the work of up-grading our downstairs Church Hall, and the building of a new kitchen/entrance/toilet and office — now known as "The Livingstone Hall" where a portrait of this world famous Christian missionary/explorer, and short-time resident in one...
A big thank you to everybody who helped make this year's Christmas Tree Festival at Leaside such a success!To the Mayor of Ware for opening the Festival and judging the trees; all the entrants for producing such a spectacular and innovative display and all those who came from near and far to look round. Thanks to all for your support. The photo shows the winning tree — congratulations...
Monday Evenings @ St Andrew's"What a friend we have in Jesus!"St Andrew's Youth meet for fun, food and fellowship on Monday evenings at St Andrew's Methodist Church in Harlow.The photo gallery shows just a few of the things we get up to and enjoy doing together — eating pizza, dancing, playing sports and games, making music and singing.....The first group for...
Hatfield Heath United Reformed Church
Watton-at-Stone Methodist Church
Church Langley Church
North Weald Methodist Church