News Headline: June 2018
We are delighted to report that the latest phase of the Redevelopment Project at Leaside Church and Community Centre has been completed at a cost of £ 787,000
The project which has taken just under a year to complete has seen refurbishment of the Church and Hall with wheelchair friendly access to all areas.
The improvements include
- A smaller meeting room in the Hall that can be divided into two spaces if necessary and accessible whilst the kindergarten are in session.
- The creation of a new link building between the Church and the Hall which serves as the new entrance to the complex.
- A ramp has been built to enable access to the Church for those with impaired mobility.
- A new meeting area in the church building with a tea and coffee point and access to new toilets via the linking building.
- Space in the church building for exhibitions, concerts and large meetings with a capacity of up to 100 people, more if the gallery is used.
The architect for the project was Clifford Patten DipARCH, RIBA
The builders were Bolt & Heeks Ltd
To mark the 'new beginning' that these enhancements bring, a weekend of Celebration is being held on 21 & 22 July
Saturday 21st July 10.00 am — 5.00 pm
- Come and look round
- Displays by Community Groups
- 3.00 pm — Official Opening
- Refreshments served all day
Sunday 22nd July 3.00 pm
- Service of Thanksgiving and Dedication followed by tea and cakes
All are welcome!
You may also be interested in
Christ Church in Waltham Cross will be open today (Friday 9 September) between10am and 3pm for those who wish to spend time in quiet reflection and prayer or to light a candle in thanksgiving for the life of the late Queen Elizabeth II. We also have a Book of Condolence.All are...
Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth IIThe President and Vice-President of the Methodist Conference have made the following statement in response to the announcement of the death of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II. "It was with profound sadness that we learned of the death of Her Majesty the Queen today. We join the nation in grief and thank God for her long and distinguished reign. The...
The United Reformed Church shares in the grief of the nation's following the death of Her Majesty the Queen, Elizabeth II.Following the death of her father King George, Her Majesty succeeded the throne on 6 February 1952, but was officially crowned in 1953. Queen Elizabeth was the world's longest-reigning living monarch and was a much-loved and popular royal figure.Many United...
Hertford Methodist Methodist, Ware Road, Hertford, SG13 7DZ
Hertford Methodist Church, Ware Rd, Hertford
St Andrew's Methodist Church, The Stow, Harlow, CM20 3AF
Leaside Church, High Street, Ware, SG12 9BT