News Headline: June 2018
We are delighted to report that the latest phase of the Redevelopment Project at Leaside Church and Community Centre has been completed at a cost of £ 787,000
The project which has taken just under a year to complete has seen refurbishment of the Church and Hall with wheelchair friendly access to all areas.
The improvements include
- A smaller meeting room in the Hall that can be divided into two spaces if necessary and accessible whilst the kindergarten are in session.
- The creation of a new link building between the Church and the Hall which serves as the new entrance to the complex.
- A ramp has been built to enable access to the Church for those with impaired mobility.
- A new meeting area in the church building with a tea and coffee point and access to new toilets via the linking building.
- Space in the church building for exhibitions, concerts and large meetings with a capacity of up to 100 people, more if the gallery is used.
The architect for the project was Clifford Patten DipARCH, RIBA
The builders were Bolt & Heeks Ltd
To mark the 'new beginning' that these enhancements bring, a weekend of Celebration is being held on 21 & 22 July
Saturday 21st July 10.00 am — 5.00 pm
- Come and look round
- Displays by Community Groups
- 3.00 pm — Official Opening
- Refreshments served all day
Sunday 22nd July 3.00 pm
- Service of Thanksgiving and Dedication followed by tea and cakes
All are welcome!
You may also be interested in
If you are unable to come to Church for any reason you are always welcome to join us online...St Andrew's Methodist Church, Harlow10.30 am — Morning WorshipIf you would like to join us online via ZOOM, please contact the Zoom Controller via email at: firstname.lastname@example.orgLeaside LEP, Ware10.30 am — Morning WorshipIf you would like to join us online via ZOOM...
We are pleased to report that our churches will be re-opening for Sunday Worship on Sunday 6 December.Coronavirus SafetyAll the churches have completed a Covid-19 Risk Assessment and have put in appropriate measure to make their building Covid-19 secure and safe for worship.At the moment there will be no congregational singing in the building, and social distancing measures will include...
Wednesdays during AdventMidday on ZoomYou are warmly invited to join us for a 15 minute "Pause for Prayer" Advent Devotion at Midday on the Wednesdays of Advent.Each short service of prayer and reflection will be led by one of our ministers2 December — Revd Blair Kirkby9 December — Revd Cecil White16 December — Revd Kathryn Taylor23 December — Revd Debbie HodgsonFor...