News Headline: June 2018
We are delighted to report that the latest phase of the Redevelopment Project at Leaside Church and Community Centre has been completed at a cost of £ 787,000
The project which has taken just under a year to complete has seen refurbishment of the Church and Hall with wheelchair friendly access to all areas.
The improvements include
- A smaller meeting room in the Hall that can be divided into two spaces if necessary and accessible whilst the kindergarten are in session.
- The creation of a new link building between the Church and the Hall which serves as the new entrance to the complex.
- A ramp has been built to enable access to the Church for those with impaired mobility.
- A new meeting area in the church building with a tea and coffee point and access to new toilets via the linking building.
- Space in the church building for exhibitions, concerts and large meetings with a capacity of up to 100 people, more if the gallery is used.
The architect for the project was Clifford Patten DipARCH, RIBA
The builders were Bolt & Heeks Ltd
To mark the 'new beginning' that these enhancements bring, a weekend of Celebration is being held on 21 & 22 July
Saturday 21st July 10.00 am — 5.00 pm
- Come and look round
- Displays by Community Groups
- 3.00 pm — Official Opening
- Refreshments served all day
Sunday 22nd July 3.00 pm
- Service of Thanksgiving and Dedication followed by tea and cakes
All are welcome!
You may also be interested in
Thursday 30th May to Sunday 9th June 2019Thy Kingdom Come is a global prayer movement that invites Christians around the world to pray for more people to come to know Jesus. What started in 2016 as an invitation from the Archbishops of Canterbury and York to the Church of England has grown into an international and ecumenical call to prayer. 2019 is the 4th year in which it has been held and...
Important news for Church Property Stewards and Treasurers....Foundation GrantsFoundation Grants are available to places of worship of all Christian denominations around the United Kingdom towards work that addresses urgent maintenance, as identified as a priority in a recent Quinquennial Inspection Report or survey. The works should be stand-alone projects costing between £1,000...
We are very pleased to announce that work on the refurbishment of the Halls at Ongar United Reformed Church are to commence on Monday 15th April, and will take approximately 4 months to complete. It is hoped that handover of the much improved facilities will take place towards the end of August.The plans for the redevelopment where drawn up by architect Mr Cliff Paten of Lewis Patten...
St Andrew's, Harlow
St Andrew's, Harlow
Emmanuel Church, Church View, Laindon Road, Billericay, CM12 9LD