Youth Activities: October 2019
Monday Evenings @ St Andrew's
We've are very pleased to report that two new Youth Groups have started on Monday evenings at St Andrew's Methodist Church in Harlow.
- The first group for children from year 3 to year 6 starts at 5.00 pm.
- The second group for those in year 7 and above starts at 6.15 pm, so that we can eat together.
- Most of the times, we provide pizza for everyone, but sometimes we have a special dinner.
- At 6.45 pm, the younger ones can go home and the older children stay until 8.00 pm.
- We only charge £ 1.00 per child for each session: This is to help cover the cost of the food and the material for the activities.
The aim of the groups is to grow together as a team, enjoy community, have fun and learn
something about God and our faith through that. So, on a usual Monday evening we have a bible
study and some activities connected to the topic of the reading.
During the first weeks we have talked about...
Team-building; How our faith sets us free, and 'asking, seeking and knocking' in our prayers.
Activities linked to these themes have included...
A trust games; an 'escape room', and playing different versions of 'hide and seek'.
During the coming weeks, we're planning to have a series about Jesus and who he is. And of course, we will have some fun activities as well!
To find out more...
- For more information about the Youth Groups, please contact Hannah on: firstname.lastname@example.org
We're looking forward to welcoming everyone, who is interested in enjoying their Monday evenings
You may also be interested in
From the President of the Conference the Revd Barbara GlassonWhat do we remember today?The child with the gunThe shell of the houseThe crumble of dreamsThe breaking of bodies and peace?The ringing of ears The screaming of shotThe shrapnel of brickThe breaking of cover and trust?The bearing of armsThe bearing of griefThe bearing of newsThe breaking of treaties and pacts? The...
Download your copy of our latest newsletter detailing upcoming events in the next couple of weeks.To have your events listed, please email the details to:...
Remembered lives on November 2nd — All Souls' DayAll Souls' Day is traditionally celebrated on 2 November to remember those who have died. In some Protestant denominations, All Souls' Day has been joined with All Saints' Day (following the idea that we are all saints). Recently, Catholic Christians have celebrated the elevation of the renowned Victorian priest, writer, and...
Christ Church, Waltham Cross
Hoddesdon Methodist Church
St Andrew's Methodist Church, Harlow
Ongar United Reformed Church