Prayer & Worship: May 2019
Thy Kingdom Come is a global prayer movement that invites Christians around the world to pray for more people to come to know Jesus. What started in 2016 as an invitation from the Archbishops of Canterbury and York to the Church of England has grown into an international and ecumenical call to prayer.
During the 11 days of Thy Kingdom Come, it is hoped that everyone who takes part will
- Deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ
- Pray for God's spirit to work in the lives of those they know
- Come to realise that every aspect of their life is the stuff of prayer
Christ Church, Waltham Cross are once again holding a number of special services for Thy Kingdom Come. All are welcome to any of the service and the day of prayer listed below.
We look forward to seeing you...
Thursday 30 May + Ascension Day
- 11.00 am + Team Eucharist at St Mary's
Monday 3 June: 5.00 pm
- Celtic Style Evening Prayer
Tuesday 4th June: 5.00 pm
- Evening Prayer from the Methodist Service Book
Wednesday 5 June: 5.00pm
- Evening Prayer from Common Worship
Thursday 6 June: 5.00 pm
- Evening Prayer from The Book of Common Prayer
Friday 7 June: 5.00 pm
- Taizé Style Evening Prayer
Saturday 8 June + Day of prayer at Christ Church
Church will be open all day during these times for short guided prayer sessions and personal prayer, and people are free to pop in and out as it suits them. There will also be a labyrinth walk in the church garden.
- 10.00 am Prayer stations and private prayer
- 11.00 am Contemplative Prayer
- 12.00 pm The Angelus
- 12.15 pm Lunch (bring and share)
- 1.00 pm Prayer walk
- 2.00 pm Prayer through music
- 3.00 pm Celtic Eucharist
Sunday 9 June + Pentecost
- 9.15 am — Festal Eucharist at Christ Church
Sunday 9 June 2019 at 6.30pm
- 'Thy Kingdom Come Beacon Celebration 2019' at St Albans Cathedral
EVERYBODY WELCOME (no tickets required)
You may also be interested in
Christ Church in Waltham Cross will be open today (Friday 9 September) between10am and 3pm for those who wish to spend time in quiet reflection and prayer or to light a candle in thanksgiving for the life of the late Queen Elizabeth II. We also have a Book of Condolence.All are...
Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth IIThe President and Vice-President of the Methodist Conference have made the following statement in response to the announcement of the death of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II. "It was with profound sadness that we learned of the death of Her Majesty the Queen today. We join the nation in grief and thank God for her long and distinguished reign. The...
The United Reformed Church shares in the grief of the nation's following the death of Her Majesty the Queen, Elizabeth II.Following the death of her father King George, Her Majesty succeeded the throne on 6 February 1952, but was officially crowned in 1953. Queen Elizabeth was the world's longest-reigning living monarch and was a much-loved and popular royal figure.Many United...
Hertford Methodist Methodist, Ware Road, Hertford, SG13 7DZ
Hertford Methodist Church, Ware Rd, Hertford
St Andrew's Methodist Church, The Stow, Harlow, CM20 3AF
Leaside Church, High Street, Ware, SG12 9BT