Prayer & Worship: May 2019
Thy Kingdom Come is a global prayer movement that invites Christians around the world to pray for more people to come to know Jesus. What started in 2016 as an invitation from the Archbishops of Canterbury and York to the Church of England has grown into an international and ecumenical call to prayer.
During the 11 days of Thy Kingdom Come, it is hoped that everyone who takes part will
- Deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ
- Pray for God's spirit to work in the lives of those they know
- Come to realise that every aspect of their life is the stuff of prayer
Christ Church, Waltham Cross are once again holding a number of special services for Thy Kingdom Come. All are welcome to any of the service and the day of prayer listed below.
We look forward to seeing you...
Thursday 30 May + Ascension Day
- 11.00 am + Team Eucharist at St Mary's
Monday 3 June: 5.00 pm
- Celtic Style Evening Prayer
Tuesday 4th June: 5.00 pm
- Evening Prayer from the Methodist Service Book
Wednesday 5 June: 5.00pm
- Evening Prayer from Common Worship
Thursday 6 June: 5.00 pm
- Evening Prayer from The Book of Common Prayer
Friday 7 June: 5.00 pm
- Taizé Style Evening Prayer
Saturday 8 June + Day of prayer at Christ Church
Church will be open all day during these times for short guided prayer sessions and personal prayer, and people are free to pop in and out as it suits them. There will also be a labyrinth walk in the church garden.
- 10.00 am Prayer stations and private prayer
- 11.00 am Contemplative Prayer
- 12.00 pm The Angelus
- 12.15 pm Lunch (bring and share)
- 1.00 pm Prayer walk
- 2.00 pm Prayer through music
- 3.00 pm Celtic Eucharist
Sunday 9 June + Pentecost
- 9.15 am — Festal Eucharist at Christ Church
Sunday 9 June 2019 at 6.30pm
- 'Thy Kingdom Come Beacon Celebration 2019' at St Albans Cathedral
EVERYBODY WELCOME (no tickets required)
You may also be interested in
Saturday 16th November 2019 was truly a memorable occasion when a Full Church attended the Service held to celebrate the completion of the work of up-grading our downstairs Church Hall, and the building of a new kitchen/entrance/toilet and office — now known as "The Livingstone Hall" where a portrait of this world famous Christian missionary/explorer, and short-time resident in one...
A big thank you to everybody who helped make this year's Christmas Tree Festival at Leaside such a success!To the Mayor of Ware for opening the Festival and judging the trees; all the entrants for producing such a spectacular and innovative display and all those who came from near and far to look round. Thanks to all for your support. The photo shows the winning tree — congratulations...
A prayer for the 2019 General ElectionGod of grace and truth,send your Spirit to guide usas we discover your will for our country.Help us to discuss the issues before uswith courtesy, truth and mutual respect,and grant that all who stand for parliamentwill seek to serve the common good,through him who came not to be served but to serve,Jesus Christ our Lord.Amen.A Prayer for our...
Oasis Cafe, Hertford Methodist Church
Hatfield Heath United Reformed Church
Watton-at-Stone Methodist Church