Prayer & Worship: May 2019
Thy Kingdom Come is a global prayer movement that invites Christians around the world to pray for more people to come to know Jesus. What started in 2016 as an invitation from the Archbishops of Canterbury and York to the Church of England has grown into an international and ecumenical call to prayer.
During the 11 days of Thy Kingdom Come, it is hoped that everyone who takes part will
- Deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ
- Pray for God's spirit to work in the lives of those they know
- Come to realise that every aspect of their life is the stuff of prayer
Christ Church, Waltham Cross are once again holding a number of special services for Thy Kingdom Come. All are welcome to any of the service and the day of prayer listed below.
We look forward to seeing you...
Thursday 30 May + Ascension Day
- 11.00 am + Team Eucharist at St Mary's
Monday 3 June: 5.00 pm
- Celtic Style Evening Prayer
Tuesday 4th June: 5.00 pm
- Evening Prayer from the Methodist Service Book
Wednesday 5 June: 5.00pm
- Evening Prayer from Common Worship
Thursday 6 June: 5.00 pm
- Evening Prayer from The Book of Common Prayer
Friday 7 June: 5.00 pm
- Taizé Style Evening Prayer
Saturday 8 June + Day of prayer at Christ Church
Church will be open all day during these times for short guided prayer sessions and personal prayer, and people are free to pop in and out as it suits them. There will also be a labyrinth walk in the church garden.
- 10.00 am Prayer stations and private prayer
- 11.00 am Contemplative Prayer
- 12.00 pm The Angelus
- 12.15 pm Lunch (bring and share)
- 1.00 pm Prayer walk
- 2.00 pm Prayer through music
- 3.00 pm Celtic Eucharist
Sunday 9 June + Pentecost
- 9.15 am — Festal Eucharist at Christ Church
Sunday 9 June 2019 at 6.30pm
- 'Thy Kingdom Come Beacon Celebration 2019' at St Albans Cathedral
EVERYBODY WELCOME (no tickets required)
You may also be interested in
We are delighted to report that Epping United Reformed Church is now registered with Eco-Church and are now working to care for God's earth and to achieve a bronze award. Eco-church involves five areas of church life:Worship and TeachingBuildingsLandCommunity and Global EngagementLifestyleThe quest to be an eco church was launched with an Eco-Service led by Lindsey Brown -...
Hello, my name is Hannah Meyer, I'm from the south of Germany and am 19 years old. After finishing school in July 2019, I started my year as a volunteer worker from "Time for God" at St Andrews Methodist Church in Harlow at the beginning of September 2019. You can find me in many different activities from the church, e.g. in Bible Studys or at the coffee mornings, but mainly...
Third Saturday of the Month11.00 am — 11.30 am'Pop-in Prayer' in the Chapel19 October16 November21 DecemberAll are welcome — come for as long as you likeShare in the silence — Share in the prayerSt Andrew's Methodist ChurchThe Stow, Harlow, CM20...
Christ Church, Waltham Cross
Leaside Church & Community Centre
Hoddesdon Methodist Church
St Andrew's, Harlow