Prayer & Worship: May 2019
Thy Kingdom Come is a global prayer movement that invites Christians around the world to pray for more people to come to know Jesus. What started in 2016 as an invitation from the Archbishops of Canterbury and York to the Church of England has grown into an international and ecumenical call to prayer.
During the 11 days of Thy Kingdom Come, it is hoped that everyone who takes part will
- Deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ
- Pray for God's spirit to work in the lives of those they know
- Come to realise that every aspect of their life is the stuff of prayer
Christ Church, Waltham Cross are once again holding a number of special services for Thy Kingdom Come. All are welcome to any of the service and the day of prayer listed below.
We look forward to seeing you...
Thursday 30 May + Ascension Day
- 11.00 am + Team Eucharist at St Mary's
Monday 3 June: 5.00 pm
- Celtic Style Evening Prayer
Tuesday 4th June: 5.00 pm
- Evening Prayer from the Methodist Service Book
Wednesday 5 June: 5.00pm
- Evening Prayer from Common Worship
Thursday 6 June: 5.00 pm
- Evening Prayer from The Book of Common Prayer
Friday 7 June: 5.00 pm
- Taizé Style Evening Prayer
Saturday 8 June + Day of prayer at Christ Church
Church will be open all day during these times for short guided prayer sessions and personal prayer, and people are free to pop in and out as it suits them. There will also be a labyrinth walk in the church garden.
- 10.00 am Prayer stations and private prayer
- 11.00 am Contemplative Prayer
- 12.00 pm The Angelus
- 12.15 pm Lunch (bring and share)
- 1.00 pm Prayer walk
- 2.00 pm Prayer through music
- 3.00 pm Celtic Eucharist
Sunday 9 June + Pentecost
- 9.15 am — Festal Eucharist at Christ Church
Sunday 9 June 2019 at 6.30pm
- 'Thy Kingdom Come Beacon Celebration 2019' at St Albans Cathedral
EVERYBODY WELCOME (no tickets required)
You may also be interested in
As the colder weather starts to set in the full effects of our nations record high inflation and spiralling energy bill are presenting many in our local communities to make choices between heating or eating.As part of the national 'Warm Hub' initiative many churches are opening their doors to provide a warm, welcoming, safe place for people of all ages. Hot drinks and sometimes a hot...
There's always lots going on at Hoddesdon Methodist Church!Click here to read some of the latest newsHoddesdon Methodist ChurchMiddlefield Road, Hoddesdon EN11...
The Closing Service at North Weald Methodist Church took place yesterday, Sunday 23 October.The 65 strong congregation was made up for present and past members of the church along with representatives of the local community and the other churches in HAEBEA. The service, which was led by Revd Blair Kirkby — Methodist Superintendent, included the hearty singing of Hymns with Mrs Rosemary...
Mon-Friday: 10am - 2pm (Closed on Bank Holidays)
Hoddesdon Methodist Church
Ongar URC, High Street, Ongar, CM5 9EA
Hoddesdon Methodist Church