Prayer & Worship: May 2019
Thy Kingdom Come is a global prayer movement that invites Christians around the world to pray for more people to come to know Jesus. What started in 2016 as an invitation from the Archbishops of Canterbury and York to the Church of England has grown into an international and ecumenical call to prayer.
During the 11 days of Thy Kingdom Come, it is hoped that everyone who takes part will
- Deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ
- Pray for God's spirit to work in the lives of those they know
- Come to realise that every aspect of their life is the stuff of prayer
Christ Church, Waltham Cross are once again holding a number of special services for Thy Kingdom Come. All are welcome to any of the service and the day of prayer listed below.
We look forward to seeing you...
Thursday 30 May + Ascension Day
- 11.00 am + Team Eucharist at St Mary's
Monday 3 June: 5.00 pm
- Celtic Style Evening Prayer
Tuesday 4th June: 5.00 pm
- Evening Prayer from the Methodist Service Book
Wednesday 5 June: 5.00pm
- Evening Prayer from Common Worship
Thursday 6 June: 5.00 pm
- Evening Prayer from The Book of Common Prayer
Friday 7 June: 5.00 pm
- Taizé Style Evening Prayer
Saturday 8 June + Day of prayer at Christ Church
Church will be open all day during these times for short guided prayer sessions and personal prayer, and people are free to pop in and out as it suits them. There will also be a labyrinth walk in the church garden.
- 10.00 am Prayer stations and private prayer
- 11.00 am Contemplative Prayer
- 12.00 pm The Angelus
- 12.15 pm Lunch (bring and share)
- 1.00 pm Prayer walk
- 2.00 pm Prayer through music
- 3.00 pm Celtic Eucharist
Sunday 9 June + Pentecost
- 9.15 am — Festal Eucharist at Christ Church
Sunday 9 June 2019 at 6.30pm
- 'Thy Kingdom Come Beacon Celebration 2019' at St Albans Cathedral
EVERYBODY WELCOME (no tickets required)
You may also be interested in
O God, we weep for Afghanistan.We recognize the bravery of those who died to help others be free.We recognize the bravery of those who died, desperate to save themselves in these days.We recognize that bravery has not saved us, and we grieve the lives lost these twenty years. We honour their memory and sacrifice not by losing ourselves in despair, but by remembering that the only way...
We are very pleased to report that Joan Smith, a Senior Executive Officer of HAEBEA and Church Secretary at Ongar United Reformed Church, was Commissioned as an Assembly Accredited Lay Preacher of the URC at a service on Sunday 25th July at St Andrew's Methodist Church, Harlow. The Eastern Synod Lay Preaching Advocate, Mrs Faith Paulding, and Revd Cecil White...
UPDATE: Due to the delay in the fourth step of the Governments 'Roadmap' our United Service to mark the lifting of restrictions has been rescheduled for Monday 19 July at 7.30 pm.You are warmly invited to join us either 'in person' or 'via Zoom' for our United Worship.A Service Of Thanksgiving, Remembrance, And Call to FaithFor the Year that we have been...
Leaside Church, Ware