Prayer & Worship: May 2019
Thy Kingdom Come is a global prayer movement that invites Christians around the world to pray for more people to come to know Jesus. What started in 2016 as an invitation from the Archbishops of Canterbury and York to the Church of England has grown into an international and ecumenical call to prayer.
During the 11 days of Thy Kingdom Come, it is hoped that everyone who takes part will
- Deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ
- Pray for God's spirit to work in the lives of those they know
- Come to realise that every aspect of their life is the stuff of prayer
Christ Church, Waltham Cross are once again holding a number of special services for Thy Kingdom Come. All are welcome to any of the service and the day of prayer listed below.
We look forward to seeing you...
Thursday 30 May + Ascension Day
- 11.00 am + Team Eucharist at St Mary's
Monday 3 June: 5.00 pm
- Celtic Style Evening Prayer
Tuesday 4th June: 5.00 pm
- Evening Prayer from the Methodist Service Book
Wednesday 5 June: 5.00pm
- Evening Prayer from Common Worship
Thursday 6 June: 5.00 pm
- Evening Prayer from The Book of Common Prayer
Friday 7 June: 5.00 pm
- Taizé Style Evening Prayer
Saturday 8 June + Day of prayer at Christ Church
Church will be open all day during these times for short guided prayer sessions and personal prayer, and people are free to pop in and out as it suits them. There will also be a labyrinth walk in the church garden.
- 10.00 am Prayer stations and private prayer
- 11.00 am Contemplative Prayer
- 12.00 pm The Angelus
- 12.15 pm Lunch (bring and share)
- 1.00 pm Prayer walk
- 2.00 pm Prayer through music
- 3.00 pm Celtic Eucharist
Sunday 9 June + Pentecost
- 9.15 am — Festal Eucharist at Christ Church
Sunday 9 June 2019 at 6.30pm
- 'Thy Kingdom Come Beacon Celebration 2019' at St Albans Cathedral
EVERYBODY WELCOME (no tickets required)
You may also be interested in
My dear New Church family,My name is Ernie Bosse. I am 68 years old.I was born in South Africa, and during my earlier years living in Pietermaritzburg in the KwaZulu/Natal province before moving to East London in the Eastern Cape.I am married to Robyn, and we will shortly celebrate our 49th wedding anniversary in June. We have three adult children, two daughters and a son. Between them, we...
We send our profound condolences to Her Majesty the Queen and the members of the Royal Family following the death of Prince Philip today. May he rest in peace and rise in glory.A Statement from the Methodist Churchhttps://urc.org.uk/latest-news/378...
Worshipping Through NatureEaster offers us hope, whatever our situation and our fears. Sometimes the journey to get there is enormously hard, we have to pass through the cross before resurrection; winter before spring. But Easter hope is always present to us in God, even in the midst of troubles.These prayers invite us to notice and appreciate the life bursting forward in God's...