TKC: May 2020
Prayer journeys for all ages
Join the global wave of prayer from Ascension Day to Pentecost
You can use these prayer journeys from ROOTS as part of the global wave of prayer that is Thy Kingdom Come, and:
- pray with God's worldwide family for more people to come to know Jesus Christ
- pray for yourselves to be empowered through prayer by the Holy Spirit
- find new confidence to be witnesses for Jesus Christ.
How to use the resources
There are separate prayer journeys for adults, young people and children.
- Each prayer journey comprises two sheets: prayers for ourselves on page 1 and prayers for others on page 2.
- People can make up their own prayer journeys each day: for example, they can pray the prayer for themselves on a theme (e.g. Belonging or Courage) on one side and then pray the corresponding prayer for others on the other side.
You may also be interested in
As the summer school summer holidays draw near, we are sure some of you will be missing your church Holiday Club.Here are a couple of really good resources from the team at 'Together at Home' ...."Psalm Walk Pack" - A useful resources for reflection in the great outdoors. The pack has an activity sheet for psalms 1,2,3,19 and 42Or why not try the "Summer...
Burnt Mill Methodist ChurchBurnt Mill Methodist Church, seating 150, was built in 1887 by the North West Essex Wesleyan Mission (the site was just opposite what is now Harlow Town Station).Burnt Mill was then included in the newly created Bishop's Stortford circuit in 1939. In 1953 it was transferred to the Harlow Mission Circuit. It was closed in 1962 and demolished in 1963: by that...
The National Health Service came into being on 5 July 1948. During post-war reconstruction, improving the healthcare of the nation was seen as crucial to the nation's recovery. Beveridge, the architect of the NHS, identified "five giants" that had to be slain: want, disease, squalor, ignorance and idleness. The cataclysm of war provided the stimulus for radical reform. It was a...