TKC: May 2020
Prayer journeys for all ages
Join the global wave of prayer from Ascension Day to Pentecost
You can use these prayer journeys from ROOTS as part of the global wave of prayer that is Thy Kingdom Come, and:
- pray with God's worldwide family for more people to come to know Jesus Christ
- pray for yourselves to be empowered through prayer by the Holy Spirit
- find new confidence to be witnesses for Jesus Christ.
How to use the resources
There are separate prayer journeys for adults, young people and children.
- Each prayer journey comprises two sheets: prayers for ourselves on page 1 and prayers for others on page 2.
- People can make up their own prayer journeys each day: for example, they can pray the prayer for themselves on a theme (e.g. Belonging or Courage) on one side and then pray the corresponding prayer for others on the other side.
You may also be interested in
Praying together for people to come to know the love, hope and peace found in Christ is at the heart of Thy Kingdom Come. Could your church set up regular daily patterns of prayer, perhaps via conference call or Zoom, to hold these people in prayer or adapt existing prayer times to do so? Or you could commit to saying the Lord's Prayer at a set time each day?https...
"Lord, to whom can we go? "The fifth of our Midweek Prayer Time focuses these words spoken by Peter.The picture this week is detail taken from a much larger cartoon for a tapestry drawn by Raphael.There is a short psalm, a reading from John's Gospel, and prayers from a variety of sources.Why not invite those you would usually worship alongside to join you?Perhaps a...
Alleluia! Christ is Risen!Here are prayer and worship material for use at home on the Seventh Sunday of Easter — 24 May 2020, and the following weekdays.They include, our HAEBEA Home Worship Service this week produced for us by Revd John, a Gospel Reflection, and worship material from 'The Vine' and the Methodist Church.There are also resources for families and children from...