TKC: May 2020
Prayer journeys for all ages
Join the global wave of prayer from Ascension Day to Pentecost
You can use these prayer journeys from ROOTS as part of the global wave of prayer that is Thy Kingdom Come, and:
- pray with God's worldwide family for more people to come to know Jesus Christ
- pray for yourselves to be empowered through prayer by the Holy Spirit
- find new confidence to be witnesses for Jesus Christ.
How to use the resources
There are separate prayer journeys for adults, young people and children.
- Each prayer journey comprises two sheets: prayers for ourselves on page 1 and prayers for others on page 2.
- People can make up their own prayer journeys each day: for example, they can pray the prayer for themselves on a theme (e.g. Belonging or Courage) on one side and then pray the corresponding prayer for others on the other side.
You may also be interested in
O God, we weep for Afghanistan.We recognize the bravery of those who died to help others be free.We recognize the bravery of those who died, desperate to save themselves in these days.We recognize that bravery has not saved us, and we grieve the lives lost these twenty years. We honour their memory and sacrifice not by losing ourselves in despair, but by remembering that the only way...
We are very pleased to report that Joan Smith, a Senior Executive Officer of HAEBEA and Church Secretary at Ongar United Reformed Church, was Commissioned as an Assembly Accredited Lay Preacher of the URC at a service on Sunday 25th July at St Andrew's Methodist Church, Harlow. The Eastern Synod Lay Preaching Advocate, Mrs Faith Paulding, and Revd Cecil White...
UPDATE: Due to the delay in the fourth step of the Governments 'Roadmap' our United Service to mark the lifting of restrictions has been rescheduled for Monday 19 July at 7.30 pm.You are warmly invited to join us either 'in person' or 'via Zoom' for our United Worship.A Service Of Thanksgiving, Remembrance, And Call to FaithFor the Year that we have been...
Leaside Church, Ware