Health & Wellbeing
World Mental Health Day, observed on 10 October, is an opportunity to raise awareness of mental health issues and to mobilize efforts in support of mental health. This year, the theme is suicide prevention.
Suicide: One person dies every 40 seconds...
- Close to 800 000 people die by suicide every year. Furthermore, for each suicide, there are more than 20 suicide attempts.
- Suicide occurs throughout the lifespan and was the second leading cause of death among 15-29 year-olds globally in 2016.
- Suicides and suicide attempts have a ripple effect that impacts on families, friends, colleagues, communities and societies.
- Suicides are preventable. Much can be done to prevent suicide at individual, community and national levels.
Suicide Prevention — Information Evening
This should be as much a concern to us as it surely is to God so you are warmly invited to an evening discussion on this challenging but important topic.
Thursday 7th November 2019, 19.30 — 21.00
Ss Alban and Stephen RC Church,
14 Beaconsfield Road, St Albans, AL1 3RB
- Come and hear what Hertfordshire is doing to support those with suicidal thoughts through 'Spot the Signs'
- Start thinking what you can do as individuals and as churches
- Revd Sue Stilwell: Chaplain with MHA (Methodist Homes) and a member of the Bishop's Hatfield clergy team.
- Revd Richard Allen: Lead chaplain and spiritual care manager at HPFT, the local NHS Mental Health Trust
You may also be interested in
We are delighted to report that Epping United Reformed Church is now registered with Eco-Church and are now working to care for God's earth and to achieve a bronze award. Eco-church involves five areas of church life:Worship and TeachingBuildingsLandCommunity and Global EngagementLifestyleThe quest to be an eco church was launched with an Eco-Service led by Lindsey Brown -...
Hello, my name is Hannah Meyer, I'm from the south of Germany and am 19 years old. After finishing school in July 2019, I started my year as a volunteer worker from "Time for God" at St Andrews Methodist Church in Harlow at the beginning of September 2019. You can find me in many different activities from the church, e.g. in Bible Studys or at the coffee mornings, but mainly...
Third Saturday of the Month11.00 am — 11.30 am'Pop-in Prayer' in the Chapel19 October16 November21 DecemberAll are welcome — come for as long as you likeShare in the silence — Share in the prayerSt Andrew's Methodist ChurchThe Stow, Harlow, CM20...
Christ Church, Waltham Cross
Leaside Church & Community Centre
Hoddesdon Methodist Church
St Andrew's, Harlow