General Enquiries: email@example.com
Hall Lettings: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keeping each other safe
Please do not come to church if you are unwell. Let's continue to keep each other safe.
Sunday Worship – 10.30 am
- Sunday worship is held in the church every Sunday at 10.30 am and all are welcome. Coffee is served after the service.
- Our worship is varied with some formal services and some informal services catering for all ages. During the winter months, our services are sometimes held in our warm and comfortable hall.
- New Directions in Worship – The morning service on the first Sunday on alternate months is much more informal than our usual services and is particularly aimed at those who would like a change from, or do not feel very comfortable in, a formal service. The service is participative and is suitable for all ages.
Our Mission Statement
The church seeks to grow and nourish our church fellowship; to spread the love of Christ through our everyday contact with the local community; and to offer a warm, caring and friendly welcome to those who come to our Sunday services and midweek activities.
The Place on the Hill
- The Place on the Hill is open in the church foyer on Wednesdays 10.00 am – noon for adults only.
- Enjoy real coffee, tea and light refreshments, and good company; a place to 'chill out' and escape the telephone and save on your heating bill!
- All welcome, no need to book.
Fun Place on the Hill
- Fun Place on the Hill is our new free drop-in every Friday 9.15 am – 11.30 am (including school holidays) in the Free Church Hall.
- Although particularly suitable for children, we welcome adults of all ages to come and join in the fun! -Story timeis at 10.30 am.
- There is free tea/coffee and biscuits for the adults, and squash and healthy snacks for the children.
- The hall is warm and comfortable and offers plenty of space for children to play with toys and run around.
On 1st September 2006, the Methodist and United Reformed Churches in Stansted (Essex) joined to form Stansted Free Church (Methodist/URC). The Methodists had been worshipping in the Quaker Meeting House for over 75 years, as they had no building of their own. They are delighted to now have their own 'home'! The joint church meets in the former United Reformed Church in Chapel Hill, Stansted CM24 8AG. The church and hall have been refurbished to provide a welcoming and comfortable environment with a small fitted kitchen, full disabled facilities and free car parking.
The hall is used regularly by village groups but is also available for hire for one-off events. Free internet access is available for all users of the church and the hall. Please email us for details.