We are delighted to report that Epping United Reformed Church is now registered with Eco-Church and are working to care for God's earth and to achieve a bronze award.
Eco-church involves five areas of church life:
- Worship and Teaching
- Community and Global Engagement
The quest to be an eco church was launched with an Eco-Service led by Lindsey Brown — celebrating creation and how we can safeguard it — at the United Service held on 29 September.
Some of the actions which have been done or are planned include:
- Bug hotels, bird feeders, wildlife friendly plants and compost bin in the garden
- Environmentally focused junior church and toddler group sessions. Recently the junior church have been learning all about the bugs found in the Bible
- Recycling stations (some in aid of local charities) for used stamps, ink cartridges & Mobile phones
- Using recycled paper
- Using environmentally friendly cleaning products
- Being a Fairtrade church
- Minimising resource use
- Promoting eco-church to other local churches
Useful links about Eco-Church
You may also be interested in
From the President of the Conference the Revd Barbara GlassonWhat do we remember today?The child with the gunThe shell of the houseThe crumble of dreamsThe breaking of bodies and peace?The ringing of ears The screaming of shotThe shrapnel of brickThe breaking of cover and trust?The bearing of armsThe bearing of griefThe bearing of newsThe breaking of treaties and pacts? The...
Download your copy of our latest newsletter detailing upcoming events in the next couple of weeks.To have your events listed, please email the details to:...
Remembered lives on November 2nd — All Souls' DayAll Souls' Day is traditionally celebrated on 2 November to remember those who have died. In some Protestant denominations, All Souls' Day has been joined with All Saints' Day (following the idea that we are all saints). Recently, Catholic Christians have celebrated the elevation of the renowned Victorian priest, writer, and...
Christ Church, Waltham Cross
Hoddesdon Methodist Church
St Andrew's Methodist Church, Harlow
Ongar United Reformed Church