We are delighted to report that Epping United Reformed Church is now registered with Eco-Church and are working to care for God's earth and to achieve a bronze award.
Eco-church involves five areas of church life:
- Worship and Teaching
- Community and Global Engagement
The quest to be an eco church was launched with an Eco-Service led by Lindsey Brown — celebrating creation and how we can safeguard it — at the United Service held on 29 September.
Some of the actions which have been done or are planned include:
- Bug hotels, bird feeders, wildlife friendly plants and compost bin in the garden
- Environmentally focused junior church and toddler group sessions. Recently the junior church have been learning all about the bugs found in the Bible
- Recycling stations (some in aid of local charities) for used stamps, ink cartridges & Mobile phones
- Using recycled paper
- Using environmentally friendly cleaning products
- Being a Fairtrade church
- Minimising resource use
- Promoting eco-church to other local churches
Useful links about Eco-Church
You may also be interested in
Loving God,at this time of crisiswhen so many are suffering,we pray for our nation and our world.Give our leaders wisdom,our Health Service strength,our people hope.Lead us through these parched and difficult daysto the fresh springs of joy and comfort that we find in JesusChrist our Lord.Amen.Loving Father GodBe with us in our distress:with our families, friends and...
Due to the current National Lockdown and the continued rise in Covid-19 infections we are not meeting for physical worship in our church buildings. Services will be online for the foreseeable future.St Andrew's Methodist Church, Trinity URC, Hatfield Heath URC10.30 am — Morning Worship via ZoomIf you would like to join us online via ZOOM, please contact the Zoom Controller via...
The Feast of the Epiphany which recalls the visit of the Magi to the infant Christ is celebrated by Christians around the world on 6 January.We offer the attached 'Epiphany Prayer Time' as a focus of personal prayer, hoping it will be a time of enrichment and encouragement in challenging times.May God's peace and blessing be upon you today and each day to...