We are delighted to report that Epping United Reformed Church is now registered with Eco-Church and are working to care for God's earth and to achieve a bronze award.
Eco-church involves five areas of church life:
- Worship and Teaching
- Community and Global Engagement
The quest to be an eco church was launched with an Eco-Service led by Lindsey Brown — celebrating creation and how we can safeguard it — at the United Service held on 29 September.
Some of the actions which have been done or are planned include:
- Bug hotels, bird feeders, wildlife friendly plants and compost bin in the garden
- Environmentally focused junior church and toddler group sessions. Recently the junior church have been learning all about the bugs found in the Bible
- Recycling stations (some in aid of local charities) for used stamps, ink cartridges & Mobile phones
- Using recycled paper
- Using environmentally friendly cleaning products
- Being a Fairtrade church
- Minimising resource use
- Promoting eco-church to other local churches
Useful links about Eco-Church
You may also be interested in
You are warmly invited to join us either 'in person' or 'via Zoom' for our United Worship.A Service Of Thanksgiving, Remembrance, And Call to FaithFor the Year that we have been throughAnd for the Future to which Christ calls usSunday 27 June, 6.30pm Herford Methodist Church, Ware Road, Hertford, SG13 7DZThe preacher will be Revd Blair Kirkby - Area Co-Chair...
You are warmly invited to join us either 'in person' or 'via Zoom' for our United Worship to celebrateThe Commissioning of Mrs Joan Smith As An Assembly Accredited Lay PreacherOf The United Reformed ChurchSunday 25th July 2021 at 4.00 pmSt Andrew's Methodist Church,The Stow, Harlow, CM20 3AFIf you would like the Zoom details please email: hae...
Saturday 12th June 10am — 1pmAn online session on welcome and inclusion for all. An opportunity to think about how we ensure that we are truly welcoming to all those who might feel 'on the edges', especially in these times. We will have input from the URC's Secretary for Global and Intercultural Ministries Karen Campbell and URC minister Revd Alex Clare-Young, as well as the ...
Hertford Methodist Church and Zoom
St Andrew's Methodist Church