History: July 2020
Burnt Mill Methodist Church
Burnt Mill Methodist Church, seating 150, was built in 1887 by the North West Essex Wesleyan Mission (the site was just opposite what is now Harlow Town Station).
Burnt Mill was then included in the newly created Bishop's Stortford circuit in 1939.
In 1953 it was transferred to the Harlow Mission Circuit.
It was closed in 1962 and demolished in 1963: by that time St Andrew's Methodist Church, The Stow, opened in 1954, was the principal Methodist Church in Harlow.
You may also be interested in
Sunday, July 10th2.00 pm — 5.00pmYou are warmly invited to the famous 'Strawberry Tea' at Leaside Church and Community Centre on Sunday, July 10th from 2pm to 5pm. Truly scrumptious teas will be served all afternoon.All proceeds will go to support the mission and ministry of the church.All are welcome Leaside Church and Community CentreLeaside Walk, East Street, WareSG12...
On Friday 22 July at 7.00pm, Peter Jones and Sir Bob Russell will be coming to talk to us about the Taylor sisters, Ann and Jane who wrote many books for children and it was Jane who famously wrote 'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star'.Rev. Isaac Taylor was Minister at Ongar United Reformed Church from 1811-1829. Daughter Jane is buried in the Church along with her father and her grave...
Roydon URC, Harlow Road, Roydon CM19 5HF
Hertford Methodist Methodist, Ware Road, Hertford, SG13 7DZ
St Andrew's Methodist Church, The Stow, Harlow, CM20 3AF
Leaside Church, High Street, Ware, SG12 9BT